What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry consists of a wide variety of oral treatments to enhance the aesthetics of the teeth. It helps in improving the teeth color, shade, shape, and size by applying cosmetic treatments to the teeth such as composite or porcelain veneers, crowns, gum grafts etc.
What are the different types of Cosmetic Dentistry treatments?
- Inlays/Onlays: Inlays or Onlays or indirect fillings are made from porcelain or composite material. The porcelain or composite filling is added to the area where there is tooth decay or structural damage.
- Composite bonding:Composite bonding is used for broken, discolored and decayed teeth to fix their appearance using a procedure known as composite bonding. A composite material consisting of enamel is applied to the surface of the tooth where it is sculpted to shape, hardened and then polished with the help of high-intensity light
- Whitening: Teeth whitening or teeth bleaching is very common which include over the counter products, though dentist-supervised treatments for lightening of discolored teeth are recommended.
- Dental veneers: Dental veneers are ultra-thin, custom-made porcelain that can be bonded directly to the tooth. These adhesives are bonded to the tooth to repair and restore the chipped and broken tooth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial tooth prosthetics used to replace missing teeth. Missing teeth make you look 60 years old while dental implants replace your smile with a youthful appearance.
- Smile makeover: It consists of more than one cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as veneers, dental implants, gingival sculpting, and teeth whitening. This is performed across several teeth in the mouth to gain the look you wish to have.
- Full mouth reconstruction: It provides necessary treatment to correct functional problems with your bite, muscles, and teeth and bone structure. The materials that are available today in the dental market make it possible to provide you with a successful, long-lasting and well researched clinically sound treatments that look natural.
How much a smile makeover cost?
The cost of cosmetic treatments varies depending on the treatment chosen and the length of the treatment plan. Most cosmetic treatments can fit into your budget. Some of these treatments require more visits than others. To learn more, book an appointment today and our dental staff can help you find a treatment that is tailored to your budget.
Why should I consider Cosmetic Dentistry?
All of us want that amazing smile that can capture hearts but some of us need help getting there. Cosmetic treatments are exactly the kind of tools that help you get there. If you have stained or discolored teeth, gaps or spaces in between teeth, uneven teeth, worn out teeth, excess gum tissue, these are some of the common reasons to visit a cosmetic dentist.
Call Dr. Frances H. Yankie in Mill Valley, CA to explore an extensive range of cosmetic treatment options!
Mill Valley Dentist
Frances H. Yankie D.D.S.
239 Miller Ave, Mill Valley, CA 94941